Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)?

2 posters

Go down

New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)? Empty New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)?

Post by Renny 3rd January 2009, 10:29

From Digital Spy

http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/a139690/new-doctor-to-be-named-tomorrow.html

Could be interesting, or upsetting depending on your point of view
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)? Empty Re: New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)?

Post by rogartheranger 3rd January 2009, 11:08

The BBC have also posted a confirmation regarding this news annoucement on their website too:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7807742.stm

Im certainly going to be glued to my seat tomorrow evening in eager anticipation of finding out who it'll be!!
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)? Empty Re: New Dr Who actor to be revealed tomorrow (3rd January)?

Post by Renny 3rd January 2009, 20:33

I'm so stoked that they are announcing it on tv rather than through the papers. I'll be watching. Can't wait!
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 4th January 2009, 05:16

So Matt Smith IS The DOCTOR!!

Im really delighted with this casting. I never really liked any of the 'bookies-choices' that have been circulating round the news over the past few months and so it is a relief to see that the production-team have ignored the obvious choices and picked someone who from the evidence of the interview tonight (and clips of his previous-work), appears ideal for the role!! It feels an exciting time to be a Who-fan, and yet also slightly sad now that we're into the dying-days of Doctor-10.
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th January 2009, 08:16

Well, Carly and I were pleasantly surprised by this. We've seen him in the two Sally Lockhart mysteries and Secret Diary of a Call Girl. He has a slightly odd look which will serve him well. All in all, I think this is a good choice. Lot's of potential for drama as he tries to convince people to take him seriously, if nothing else Very Happy. On a slightly less serious note, the producer of series 5 was obviously called in from his sick bed to film his part.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 4th January 2009, 22:35

What made me chuckle this morning was learning that an average of 6.1 million viewers tuned in to find out who the new Doctor would be which is quite staggering when you consider it was just a casting announcement. This also meant that "Doctor Who Confidential" beat all its opposition on the other channels (inc the FA Cup and Demons on ITV) and ended up being the 2nd highest rated program of the day. LoL

I really have to pinch myself at times like this to come to terms with how popular the show has become since the dark-days of the 1980s and 1990s when it was largely ignored and forgotten. I mean if someone had said to me 10 years ago that the Doctor Who would be revived and become the most popular drama in the country, with concerts of its music being played in the Royal Albert Hall, and Christmas Specials being the center-piece of the BBC's Christmas schedules - i'd have laughed and said you were crazy! These are indeed Happy Times to be a Doctor Who fan!! :-)
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th January 2009, 06:42

Well, the show certainly deserves it's success, as the poor showing by ITV with Demons demonstrates. It's no.1 because it deserves to be.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down