Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars arrives on Blu ray

5 posters

Go down

Star Wars arrives on Blu ray Empty Star Wars arrives on Blu ray

Post by rogartheranger 7th January 2011, 13:07

Ok guys, time to put aside that cynicism and embrace your inner geek as we prepare for the Star Wars saga on Blu-ray which is due to be released in September. A trailer has now been posted on the StarWars.com website and the sets are already available for pre-order on amazon.

http://starwars.com/video/view/001175.html

What they are offering us are 3 sets to hopefully cater for all buyers:-

1) Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
2) Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)
3) Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films with over 30 hours of bonus features, including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more).

Personally, my moneys going on the complete saga set!!! Very Happy

rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Star Wars arrives on Blu ray Empty Re: Star Wars arrives on Blu ray

Post by Renny 7th January 2011, 19:08

I'm never buying the prequels again in any format. I may pick up the original trilogy at some point but not likely. Why not wait for the inevitable 3d blu ray set to be released in a couple of years time? Rolling Eyes
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 7th January 2011, 19:50

Nevermind the 3D version i am waiting for the Scratch and Sniff version with Howard the Duck as Biggs the real Jedi, just like George had originally planned.

Since 1977 Star Wars was my Favorite film and not just because the film was good but my Dad took me to London to see it shortly after my parents split up. It was a cherished moment, a memory of my childhood, like waiting in the Macdonalds afterwards watch for traffic wardens. Halcon days.

Sadly that moment had gone never to be recaptured, i can never again watch the film with the same feelings, casue it is not the same film. its a bit like listerning to an old Gary Glitter or Micheal Jackson song, childhood innocence sulled by a dirty old man.

You see Morph and think of sitting on the sofa watching Tony Hart drawing stuff, and whilst he was obviously batting for the Ozzies, he never changed the memory by doing something stupid.

So no i'll give it a miss.

never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, unless they are put into the film they are simply regected scenes. see LOTR the Extended editions to see what should be done with these scenes rather than HP1 and its extra scenes.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 7th January 2011, 21:19

Would only consider if there was a remastered version of the original theatrical versions. As for the prequels, I'm with Steve; those films are all fucking awful.
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykilus 8th January 2011, 04:14

When it comes to star wars, my inner geek was murderd by a fat man with a big white beard and no neck..!
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down