Virgin media

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virgin media

Post by Renny on 15th March 2012, 19:50

Guys

Looking for your input here. Anybody have Virgin media and care to share your experiences? I've been with Sky for a looong time and currently have phone, broadband and Sky HD. We're thinking of switching the whole lot over to Virgin as they have a good deal on at the moment which will let me get my hands on a lovely Tivo box. We're thinking it might be good to switch and try out the service for a year but we're a long way from a decision on it so would be grateful for your thoughts.

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virgin media

Post by kevinrolfe on 16th March 2012, 07:37

Funny that we are doing the opposite. moving from Virgin to SKY
we have been with Birgin for years and only moving as the price of Virgin has creept up and up.

We are keeping the virgin broad band, we had 50mb and dowm sized to 30mb as the thing is getting double to 60md shorlty.
Virgin is ok . Sky has more channels and is more responsive. but Virgin has Catch up on demand.Sky has Anytime and will open up to and ISP by Easter so you could just switch BB.

when we switched we found the screen image crisper. though that could have been the dust i wiped of the tv.

That said a good TV shows is alway er...easy to get.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny on 16th March 2012, 09:13

No real bad experience with Sky, but due to their reliance on BT phone lines and distance from the exchange, we're getting a maximum of 2.6mb download. We'd rather keep things simple and switch the lot. not decided yet but thanks for your info. It helps.

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content