Out of the fire

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 7th September 2013, 10:00

"Hmmm it seems we have company Shifter. Please don't go anywhere, I'll be right back."
Turning to face the two V'sori Drones that had fired upon him, Mastermind glared in irritation:
"Do you know it's rude to interrupt someone when they're busy monologuing?"
Aiming his Shrinkinator device at the attackers, he fires:
"Let's see you try this for Size! I'll miniturise you to the size of a pea...heh hen heh!"
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 8th September 2013, 09:06

(OOC: The Shrinkinator will require a Shooting roll. The Prof doesn't have the Shooting skill so this is rolled as an untrained skill, d4-2. D4-2 = 1-2 or 1. Wild die = 6, rolled a 5 so we'll use that. The Shrinkinator doesn't have an area effect so it will hit only 1 drone, who is shrunk down.)

One of the drones is struck by the Shrinkinator's beam, dwindling out of sight in a second.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 8th September 2013, 09:11

Initiative for Round Three

(OOC:
V'Sori Drones and SCPD: King Of Hearts
The Shifter: Eight Of Clubs
The Count: Six Of Hearts
Red Dragon: Six Of Clubs
Marius Mastermind:Four Of Spades

All have three bennies remaining except for Shifter who has two.

Please declare actions as normal.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by kevinrolfe on 14th September 2013, 07:08

the count will hold his action ready to leap onto the Drone and smash it with his fists next round

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Posts : 860
Join date : 2009-02-10
Age : 48
Location : Crawley

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 21st September 2013, 08:00

(OOC: The Drones will again attempt to recover from shaken. Spirit of D6, rolled a 1 and a 3. Again, not good enough. Both drones will remain shaken until next round.The SCPD officers are still falling back.

The one drone facing Professor Mastermind ignores the sudden disappearance of his partner and fires again at the Professor.

Shooting roll of d8+1 for Double Tap, 1+1 =2. No need to apply the -3 for the Obscure field. That's a miss.)


_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 21st September 2013, 08:12

(OOC: The Shifter will try and break free of the snare again. Agility roll of D10-2 = 4. That's a success, Wild Die was a 1 so is discounted. He has not succeeded with a raise so will not be able to act until next round.)

The Shifter finally struggles free of the Professor's restraints, his hands shifting into blades again and he has murder in his eyes.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 21st September 2013, 08:23

The Count leaps onto the drone firing at Professor Mastermind, the viciousness of his vampire heritage coming to the fore as he pounds at the mindless creature.

(OOC: Fighting roll of D6, rolls a 6, rolls again for another 6, rolls again for a 1. That's a hefty total of 13. Hits with a raise. Roll D12 for damage + d6 for the raise = 8+3 for 11. Take 2 points off for the armour of the drone leaves 9 points.)

The flurry of blows tell and the drone falls to the ground, sparks arcing from his ruined torso.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Mykilus on 21st September 2013, 20:35

From her position Red Dragon see`s that The Shifter is once again free of his bonds, Without hesitation she leaps and spinning in mid air she aims to deliver a knock out kick to the head of the Shifter,

(using beanies if need be to insure a hit or bolster damage)
avatar
Mykilus
VETERAN

Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by kevinrolfe on 21st September 2013, 20:58

The count will look around for another target, then strike, fast and hard

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Posts : 860
Join date : 2009-02-10
Age : 48
Location : Crawley

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 22nd September 2013, 08:57

Red Dragon leaps across the street onto The Shifter, whose attention is focused on Professor Mastermind.
(OOC: Well within leaping distance; as Red Dragon is going to leap onto Shifter, this counts as Death From Above. Fighting roll at D8 = 4, Wild Die = 6, roll again for another 4 = 10. Attack roll is therefore a 10. This is modified by -3 for Death From Above, final result is a 7. This matches Shifter's parry so is a hit. Damage is D12 + 3 +3 for DfA. Damage rolled is 11 + 6 = 17!! Subtract 2 for Armour. 15 points means two raises over Shifter's Toughness of 6. He takes two wounds and is Shaken. He suffers a –2 penalty to his Pace and any Trait tests. Moving forward)
She lands like the proverbial ton of bricks and Shifter goes down, badly injured.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 22nd September 2013, 08:59

kevinrolfe wrote:The count will look around for another target, then strike, fast and hard
(OOC: I'll take that as your action for the next round. We're just waiting for Chris to post PM's action for this round)

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 23rd September 2013, 09:59

Mastermind nods gratefully at The Count and Red Dragon for their intervention. He then activates his Ensnare device and fires at the injured Shifter.
"Now be a good boy, and stay put this time, or Red Dragon will happily arrange to "shift" you into a permanent smear on the end of her fist, heh heh heh!"
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 24th September 2013, 08:31

The Professor's device hums into life again. The Shifter, injured as he is, can do nothing to evade it's glowing embrace and is soon caught tight. He struggles briefly then lies still.

(OOC: Given the Shifter's injuries, i'm stating that he is unable to offer any resistance at this point, certainly he can't get out of the Prof's way.)

Still affected by the Count's control of their officer, the SCPD uniforms are holding back. The two remaining drones are still on the floor, struggling to regain their equilibrium. Meanwhile the apartment block burns, it's fires now way out of control.

(OOC: Let's take a vote folks, do you want to carry on with the combat or move the story on?)


_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Mykilus on 24th September 2013, 09:22

Seeing that their is a break in the mayhem that has exploded around them, Mysaki scoops up the unconscious form of Laslo Lock, (the whole reason we got into this mess in the first place)and trie4s to make her escape
avatar
Mykilus
VETERAN

Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by kevinrolfe on 24th September 2013, 09:22

"Omegans.. its time to leave"

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Posts : 860
Join date : 2009-02-10
Age : 48
Location : Crawley

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 24th September 2013, 10:03

"I agree, lets take our leave! I propose Shrinkinating this traitor and taking him back with us for questioning." Mastermind prepares to activate his device on the helpless Shifter.....
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 25th September 2013, 09:31

Professor Mastermind's shrink ray laps over the immobile form of the Shifter. He begins to shrink visibly until he is a mere few inches high. The Professor scoops him up and places the small figure in his pocket. He then climbs up on Red Dragon's back, who leaps away across the heads of the SCPD cordon. The Count changes form and follows as fast as he can, leaving the building still burning in his wake.

END OF PROLOGUE

(OOC: Nicely done everyone, we'll kick off the next part in a day or two.)

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum