Out of the fire

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 3rd September 2013, 08:02

August 20th, 2004. 10:45pm

Soho district, Star City

You realize that you are all but surrounded.

The Shifter is flanked by V’sori drones, their armour glistening with the fine mist drifting off the fire hoses trying to bring the burning building under control. You are aware of men from the SCPD, weapons unholstered, advancing slowly from the squad cars forming road blocks at each end of the block. You can sense that they would rather be anywhere than involved in what is to come.  
Emergency services go about their business behind the line of V’sori, trying to get to the last people remaining in the building. Laslo Locke lies unconscious at your feet. The reason for your mission to this nondescript apartment building and the apparent cause of its flaming demise. The Atlantean fire elemental he had raised from its slumber having been dispatched, he lies in blissful unconsciousness. You have no doubt that his fate will be less pleasant once the V’Sori have finished with him.

The Shifter appraises you with his cold gaze. He is barely recognizable as your ally of the last few months. His eyes flick from left to right, appraising your chances of escape. He seems pleased with the answer.

“You really had no idea, did you?, he sneers. “Never mind, you weren’t the first I fooled and you won’t be the last. You three have been particularly troublesome, though. Maybe I’ll get a bonus.”

His right hand begins to reshape, flowing into the form of a wicked looking blade. You have seen that same blade dispatch numerous V’Sori drones, in what you thought was the service of the Omegan cause. You realize that he has other plans for the blade this time.  

OOC: Here we go, gents. Please start posting in character and we’ll get this show on the road.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Mykilus on 3rd September 2013, 09:56

Her eyes narrow into a slit as she starred at he shifter with pure hate,and as she relaxes into a combat stance the suit reacts to the movements of her body,She feels at one with her suit, the familiar feel of the servo`s, the slight almost imperceptible hum of the power unit and the warm feeling coming from the energy weapon, her only regret is that she was not wearing the H.A.D.E.S upgrade, but that cant be helped, the only thing that is certain in her mind is that the Shifter will die this day for his treachery.....
She scans the others in the room making a mental note of their positions, calculating her strategy at the first opportunity she will pounce
avatar
Mykilus
VETERAN

Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 3rd September 2013, 21:00

The Shifter reacts almost unconsciously to the slight hum from Red Dragon's armour as musculature servo's react to her change in stance. He moves back a half step. Despite his bravado, he is no fool. There are three V'sori Drones to his left and right, six in total. Their stance remains unchanged, their cybernetic brains maintaining a calm state of readiness, wepons drawn but idle. About a dozen SCPD officers are nearby on the street, keeping out of the immediate line of fire.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 4th September 2013, 06:26

Marius Mastermind, quickly regains his composure and offers a wry chuckle at his former ally;

“Heh, heh, heh. I must applaud your cunning deception Shifter, it was a very good act.....but not quite good enough to completely fool me. You may have had Red Dragon and The Count fooled, but in my business I have learnt never to trust anyone and always have a back-up plan for just this kind of eventuality. You are certainly not the first person to try and double-cross me. Many have tried and all have learnt to their peril that there is only one - Master-Mind!”

As he speaks, his hand subtly moves towards the red-button on his sleeve, ready to activate the Ensnare energy weapon that will bind the Shifter’s arms and leave him unable to defend himself.
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 4th September 2013, 08:54

An amused smile plays across the Shifter's face at Mastermind's words.

"You have no idea how many times i've wanted to silence that wagging tongue of yours over the last few months, old man. Looks like it's my lucky day."

OOC: Ok guys, i'll post your cards and intiative order. Please post your statement of intent.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 4th September 2013, 09:00

OOC:

The Count: King of Clubs
Marius Mastermind:Ten of Spades
The Shifter: Ten of Hearts
V'Sori Drones and SCPD: Nine of Hearts
Red Dragon: Four of Hearts

Don't forget you each have three bennies to spend as normal. I'll keep track of them as we go

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 4th September 2013, 22:18

OOC: Given that Kevin may not be around for a while, i'll act for the Count today

The Count decides to shift into his intangible form, to better assess the situation. (OOC: Spirit roll 1d8 =5, Wild Die = 2, target is a 4)

He concentrates for a second and his outline breaks apart as he dissolves into a grey-ish patch of mist.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 5th September 2013, 04:49

The time for talking is done. Mastermind presses the button on his sleeve that activates the Ensnare device. A low-hum of electricity quickly builds around his hands followed by sparks and tendrils of energy which snake out suddenly from his finger-tips in the direction of The Shifter ready to coil round him and leave him defenceless before the might of the Red Dragon!
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Mykilus on 5th September 2013, 05:17

Seeing what Marius is about to do she leaps...Her body uncoils like a spring and amplified by her suit she somersaults over the drones, as she descends she draws a bead on the
Shifter and unleashes the full might of her fury
avatar
Mykilus
VETERAN

Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 5th September 2013, 09:11

Professor Mastermind's device flashes into life at his touch, reaching out for The Shifter (OOC: Fighting roll d4 = 3, Wild Die = 6, roll again = 2, total = 8 against target of 4. Hits with a raise, target is completely immobile).

Too late he sees the danger and is wrapped in the coruscating energy of the Professor's device. Completely enveloped, he can do nothing but fall to the floor, struggling to break free.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 5th September 2013, 09:30

(OOC: Red Dragon leaps, no roll required. Ranged attack, Shooting roll d8 = 8, roll again =3, total of 11, Wild Die = 3. Target of 4. Hits with a raise. Damage is 2d6 + 1d6 for raise, total = 14. Shifter has Heavy Armour of +2, reducing damage to 12 and has Toughness of 8, so he is Shaken. The attack has area effect so the damage affects all within a medium burst template so two V'Sori drones are affected. Drones have Armour +2 but this is ignored as it's not Heavy Armour, they have a Toughness of 6 which means the damage hits with a Raise, causing one wound each. The two drones are out of the fight.)

Red Dragon springs into the air, raining energy blasts from her suit weapons. The beams strike the helpless Shifter and the accompanying destruction shreds the two drones nearest to him. He is still conscious, however and struggling against the energy pinning him to the ground.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 5th September 2013, 10:24

Mastermind fixes his defeated opponent with a satisfied smirk.

"Well, unfortunately it looks like it isn't your lucky day after-all Shifter. Now I think its about time we have ourselves a little...errr...chat, (heh heh) to get some long overdue answers."

He pulls out from his pocket a small device the size of a TV remote control.  

"Allow me to introduce you to the Mark-2 Shrinkinator, heh heh heh!  Today you will have the.....honour....heh heh.....of being its first test-subject as we reduce you in size, (helpless and bound), to about the size of a fly and pocket you in this stasis box for safe transportation back to base. And once there.....well let me assure you that you will tell us everything Shifter.....Everything!!!!!, Bwah-hah-hah........"
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Mykilus on 5th September 2013, 17:12

A wave of annoyance passes over Mysaki, not because she did not kill The Shifter,Their will be time for him to pay for his crime later, But at Mastermind, Because while he is standing over the Shifter monologueing.....their are still 4 very nasty and armed V`sori drones and local PD to deal with, this thought passes through her mind in an instant as she tucks and rolls and sends another blast of energy at her new targets...
avatar
Mykilus
VETERAN

Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by kevinrolfe on 5th September 2013, 19:44

The Count returns to normal form. " the question is how did he find us in the first place" the count try's to recall, the first meeting with shifter and why they allowed him into the team?

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Posts : 860
Join date : 2009-02-10
Age : 48
Location : Crawley

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 5th September 2013, 19:46

(OOC: I'm ruling that the Shifter is losing his action given that Mastermind trapped him and he's also shaken. The Drones should have acted before Red Dragon but we'll run with it for now)

The remaining V'Sori drones ignore their fallen brethren, guided only by their programmed responses rather than any trace of empathy. Two drones track Red Dragon as she lands some distance away having blasted away at the Shifter and prepare to open fire. The remaining two open fire on Mastermind as he continues to gloat over his fallen opponent.

Some of the braver SCPD officers open fire on Red Dragon as she lands but their small arms fire bounces harmlessly off her armour plating. (OOC: Red Dragon has heavy armour so handguns can inflict no damage.)

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 5th September 2013, 19:52

kevinrolfe wrote:The Count returns to normal form. " the question is how did he find us in the first place" the count try's to recall, the first meeting with shifter and why they allowed him into the team?
(OOC: Hi Kev, welcome back. I'll take this as your action for the next combat round so bear with me until I resolve the last bit of action in this round. To answer your question, you found the Shifter among the ruins of a building some months back. His story was that his then team had been betrayed and he was the only survivor. You patched him up and he has been working with you for some time. The last mission issued by Dr Destruction was to bring in a valuable resource called Laslo Locke who lived in the apartment complex currently burning in front of you. What you didn't realise was that Locke had been messing with Atlantean sorcery and had summoned up a fire elemental who proceeded to trash the place. You defeated the elemental and rescued Locke, only to be surrounded by drones, called in by Shifter who has finally revealed his true colours.)

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by rogartheranger on 6th September 2013, 07:38

His mind momentarily clouded by the desire for revenge, he had blindly forgotten his immediate predicament and the encroaching danger that threatened his existence. It was just him and the Shifter. Nothing else mattered for now, he had to make him pay for his betrayal and he was consumed by the desire to gloat over his fallen foe. Fortunately his survival instinct chose this moment to kick in and in a moment of clarity, Mastermind activated his Obscure Field, but was it to be in time.........
avatar
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Posts : 362
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 6th September 2013, 08:01

(OOC: Drones action rolls for this round as follow. Two drones fire at Red Dragon. As they are following simple programming, these first shots are treated as normal blaster fire and simply bounce off Red Dragon's Heavy Armour. I won't roll to hit or for damage as they are simply ineffective.

The other two drones will get their attacks against Professor Mastermind. Drone 1, Shooting roll of d8+1 for Double Tap, 1+1 =2. No need to apply the -3 for the Obscure field. That's a miss. Drone 2 fires, Shooting roll of D8+1 for Double Tap, 5+1 = 6. -3 for Mastermind's obscure field which is in effect all of the time and that's a miss also.)



Two drones fire at Red Dragon but their attacks are ineffective. The remaining two drones advance on Professor Mastermind but his obscuring field appears to be doing it's job and the drones targeting systems seem to be incapable of landing a hit.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 6th September 2013, 08:11

Initiative for Round Two

(OOC:
The Shifter: Ace of Hearts
Red Dragon: King of Diamonds
V'Sori Drones and SCPD: Queen of Diamonds
The Count: Jack Of Diamonds
Marius Mastermind:Ten of Hearts

All have three bennies remaining

Please declare actions as normal. I'll take Kevin's intention to turn solid as his action unless he tells me differently)

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 6th September 2013, 08:19

The Shifter tries frantically to get himself back in the fight as energy blasts fly above his head.

(OOC: Spirit roll needed to remove Shaken condition first, d6 = 2, Wild Die = 1. He's going to spend a benny to re-roll. D6 = 4, Wild Die =3. This is a success so he's un-shaken but can't make anything other than Free actions this round. This means he can't make a roll to break free of the Ensnare device so he's still trapped for this round.)

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Mykilus on 6th September 2013, 16:33

Ignoring the shots that are coming her way, she concentrates her fire on the 2 drones that have just attacked her, and sending a volley of fire back at them..
avatar
Mykilus
VETERAN

Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 6th September 2013, 22:55

(OOC: Red Dragon fires at the two drones nearest to her. They are close enough together to be hit by one shot as her ranged attack has an area effect of Medium Burst template. Rolling d8 = 5, Wild Die =2. That's a hit and is applied to both Drones. Her energy blast is classed as a heavy Weapon so their armour will not stop it. Damage roll is 2d6, rolled 3 and 4 for a total of 7. Drone toughness is 6 so this damages them but causes them to be shaken only. They will need to recover from being shaken before they can attack.)

Red Dragon's energy blast catches both of her targets in a cone of fire, lighting up the area around them with it's harsh intensity. The remaining EMT's and civilians in the area run for cover. The two drones are hit and staggered by the force of the blast but they are not down and out.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 6th September 2013, 22:58

(OOC: Drones will attempt to recover from shaken as it's their turn. Spirit of D6, rolled a 3 and a 1. Not their lucky day. Both drones are shaken and will remain so until next round. Meanwhile, random small arms fire comes from the SCPD again but still has no effect on Red Dragon. She is taking most of their fire as Shifter is too close for the cops to avoid hitting him if they fire at Mastermnd or The Count).


_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by kevinrolfe on 6th September 2013, 23:52

The Count will attempt to mind control the highest ranking officer of the SCPD to attempt to get him to order his men to stand down.

(OOC: At this moment the Count is a o away from getting nasty)

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Posts : 860
Join date : 2009-02-10
Age : 48
Location : Crawley

Character sheet
Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Renny on 7th September 2013, 08:58

(OOC: The Count attempts to Mind Control the SCPD officer. Opposed Smarts roll. The Count rolls d6 = 1, Wild die = 4.Take the 4. SCPD officer has a d8 smarts = 2. The Count wins, just!)

A blank look drifts across the face of the SCPD captain leading the assault on Red Dragon.
"You men...cease fire!" he shouts, "Fall back and keep the civilians away!"

Confused SCPD men follow their superiors orders and stop firing and begin to fall back away from the fight.

_________________
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently GM-ing: Star Trek Adventures Playtest
Currently Reading: Nigel Kneale - Quatermass

http://rennyscorner.webs.com/
avatar
Renny
GAME MASTER

Posts : 1387
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 50
Location : Crawley, West Sussex

Character sheet
Name: Renny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Out of the fire

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum