Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Torchwood thread

5 posters

Go down

A Torchwood thread Empty A Torchwood thread

Post by Mykilus 15th July 2011, 08:18

As Chriss hasn`t started a topic yet(he`s slipping Twisted Evil )
i`d thought i would

Torchwood.Miracle Day

Discuss.
Mykilus
Mykilus
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

A Torchwood thread Empty Re: A Torchwood thread

Post by Renny 15th July 2011, 08:26

I liked it. Bigger budget sat well. Glad to see some of it still in Wales. Eve Myles is still lush.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 15th July 2011, 10:29

I was over at Digger's tonight where we watched tonights installment of Torchwood which I found really enjoyable. Thought the premise was really intriguing and was pleased to see that RTD was on good form. I think my favourite moment was the exploding terrorist and subsequent reveal at the autotopsy where we discover that the corpse was still alive - followed by Jack's suggestion that the doctor try severing the head!! Also loved seeing Gwen Cooper back in action especially when armed with a rocket launcher which had me cheering. Very Happy
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 15th July 2011, 16:58

i have taken the decision to collect all 10 then watch en-mass, just like falling skies and Alphas. but the clips and reviews so far let lead me to belive it will be a good one.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger 15th July 2011, 17:29

I agree with the Hiss-meister, much better than I thought and some good scenes, although I still believe Gwen Cooper could do with some dental work!

I have also been listening to the series on Radio 4 in the afternoons, also very good.
Digger
Digger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 5th October 2011, 19:18

finally finished Torchwood, overall it was ok, however the inclusion of the American stuff diluted it. it was trying to be some kind of spy fringe thing which didn't work for me. the level of alien stuff in the series was very high. the amount in this was quite low.

it was maybe 2 episodes to long. and they mention the Doctor a couple of times and the US guys make no reference to him. despite the earth being towed back by the Tardis, and the other stuff he has done. now i get that the continuity would be a nightmare but even so.

overall it was fun. but not as good as Children of Earth. as for a future season. RTD may not listen to fans but to US Dollars. he talked about one more story which revolved around Gwen. this would one presumes involve her daughter Arwen.

but there are two story which could be covered which would give Torchwood more history. these are Victorian Torchwood the setting up of the institute and its first success's and failures, none of which have been covered much. the next one is the fate of Torchwood Four...

That said i will watch another one

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th October 2011, 08:52

I have six episodes queued up on Sky+ but have yet to watch them, along with the last five eps of Dr Who...
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 6th October 2011, 23:42

if you can get past e2 and e3 it picks up

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogartheranger 10th October 2011, 11:25

kevinrolfe wrote:they mention the Doctor a couple of times and the US guys make no reference to him. despite the earth being towed back by the Tardis, and the other stuff he has done. now i get that the continuity would be a nightmare but even so.

Doctor Who continuity has always been a bit messy due to the series having been on air for so many years. However I believe I can explain away this one very easily. If you recall during the 2010 series of Doctor Who, there were those cracks in time which followed the TARDIS throughout Matt’s Smith’s first series. These cracks in time provided a handy way for Steven Moffat to explain away any inconsistencies with our previous incursions with alien races by erasing certain events from history such as the CyberKing in Victorian London. If you recall, in “Victory of the Daleks”, Amy Pond didn’t remember ever having seen the Daleks before or recall how the Earth was transported away and then towed back home again due to the effects of these cracks in time. Furthermore after the Doctor was sealed in the Pandorica, the Universe was destroyed - and then subsequently rebooted again. Who knows how similar the history of the re-booted universe is in comparison to that of the pre-Pandorica version?
rogartheranger
rogartheranger
VETERAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down