Renny's Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Heroes

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Golden Heroes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Heroes

Post by Great Teufel 20th January 2011, 03:59

My thrupence worth. I'm not a big fan of grounding Superhero stuff too closely with 'the real world' unless you have a definite reason to do so, i.e. you want to make it realistic and gritty. Hence why I asked about tone a while back.

As Steve says it's your call but if the setting is meant to be fun, four-colour as the originally scenarios were written to be then tying it too closely with the everyday may jar a bit. Use reality as inspiration but then fictionalize it. Change the names, dates etc.

On a different tack, I would also advise not making the background too busy. Keep the world background to the absolute minimum to do the job. For instance those historical nuggets above, do they have any real relevance to the scenarios in the books or the background?
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 20th January 2011, 04:17

Further to that point I would also not go too mad on background characters, previous heroes/teams/villains etc. Try to par it down a bit. A well thought out villain that you can get a a lot millage out of is better than villain of the month type stuff. I think that this is the case for UK based games because this island is so small*. A New York style setting that is teaming with dozens of heroes and villains just doesn't work for me. In the UK superheroes are little bit more low key (I think).

Something else you might want to bear in mind is making the player's opponents their own. Rather than having villain X around for ages with a long history of encounters with other superheroes, make the first encounter the PCs have with that villain the first encounter with that villain. So rather than being just one in a string of heroes that have gone up against the guy, make this the first time he has appeared, or better yet involve them in his origin. That way the villain becomes 'theirs' and they can then develop their own history with them. Because those other heroes are probably just NPC creations that the players probably don't really care about however cool or original they are. The PCs are meant the be the heroes of this setting after all.

This goes back to my point of parring back the setting and background to the minimum - to do the job. Doesn't mean it should lack colour or depth, just that the games history should really begin with the adventures of the PC. Having players overshadowed with the fictitous greatness of past events is not ideal. The background history should be there for the benefit of the players and the stories they get to help tell. The Marvel universe is great, but that depth and history come from the fact that it has been around for decades and many many writers have contributed to it. It wasn't born fully formed but developed over time. The side effect of all that development however is does the world really need another team of superheroes when you have; The Avengers, X-Men, Defenders, New Mutants, Fantastic Four etc etc. By keeping the background slimed down especially when it comes to other superhero teams the players feel much more important and involved with the world.

I also think that background shouldn't be there just to be pretty or picturesque, background should generate stories and plots - or at the very least add flavour to those stories and plots.

My fingers hurt Smile

* I suspect this might be why so many British superhero tales end up in the multiverse...
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 20th January 2011, 04:40

There were three options.

1, reprint the scenarios as is.

2, revise them and link them.

3, Revise them, Link thme and add background take or leave material which give the nod to all the 30 or so Heroes mentioned in the Main rules.

By going for the third option you have those same old workhorse's with a more fleshed out modern world, updated etc. the art it to have a sliding scale, 4 color to ultra-realistic. the historical nuggets give the sense that the Golden Heroes have been around years. the rules both old and new mention the rich history the UK has, and the adventures reflect on this. Joh Bull hero of two Wars, the Eagles active in the 60's, 1940's there was a time machine, Morganna and the Grail. and Shelock Holmes in Strickback.
So it was always there. infact in conversations with Simon Burley he always presumed that the "First Men on the Moon" was the beginings of the Golden Heroes Space race. Simon had the idea of moveing every thing to 2011 rather than leave it back in th 80's

I understand where you are coming from, though. The list of dates will be in the same format as the 100 years of odd events from Call of Cthulhu, so three colum and small print.
Legacy is a sort of Sourcebook for Supers in the UK with a campaign or in reality a series of linked adventures with background material to enhance them.

The Karotechia from Delta Green are based in reality part of there background happend then ther is a divergence from the truth, WHat about the Maltese Falcon, a fiction tale based loosely on a gift the Maltese Templer Knight used to give the King of Spin only it was a real Falcon from Malta. blending fiction and truth can work.

As for too many heroes we want to mention or give a nod to all the ones mentioned in the books even in passing but the History is there as a big adventure hook, there should be enough in there, as the main reason for the addition background is to fill it full of Stories and plots as pure adventure hooks, like the Missing Holland I sub.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 20th January 2011, 05:59

kevinrolfe wrote:
As for too many heroes we want to mention or give a nod to all the ones mentioned in the books even in passing but the History is there as a big adventure hook, there should be enough in there, as the main reason for the addition background is to fill it full of Stories and plots as pure adventure hooks, like the Missing Holland I sub.

Well if that is a requirement of the book(s) fair enough, although some of those scenarios were written by different authors and, one would assume, cover different universes. Having to many current heroes takes steals limelight from the PCs. One of the problems with the M&M Freedom city sourcebook was the number of hero groups already present in the world.

You could always keep all those GH heroes but kill them off in the books, heheheheh.
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 20th January 2011, 06:42

this is a snippet from the victorian section

The Heroes of the Victorian Age were tied to social etiquette and Class. These constraints prevented some of the brightest heroes to truly shine, there were exceptions the Queen would issue letters of sanction or would accredit certain individuals into the Service of the Queen, and one of these was the street urchin who had the gift of magic and mesmerism. Madame Mind joined the queens’ service in 18XX and was a very successful operative even having an Arch enemy the guise of Miasmo. They did battle a number of times Madame Mind generally triumphant. That was until, what would later be called the “Incident at the Second Castle” where Madame Mind had followed Miasmo to Morlais Castle in Merthyr Tydfil where in the centre of the Castle is a pit, it seems Miasmo was in fact in the employ of another more powerful fiend, Miasmo left a diary known as the Merthyr Tydfil Chronicles, but these do not mention the fiend by name. it simple says “I was in the employ of a strange gentleman whom I shall call..." that is where the diary ends. The incident left both dead.

there was something in the pit, Whatever it is, is unknown what is known is that X years later the organisation that QV set up to keep an eye on the pit is still there working out of the green sheds behind Merthyr's other castle Cyfarthfa. the Organisation is called XXXXXX.

And an earlier Era

Early Records
There are very few records in the National archives surrounding the activities of some individuals before the reign of Victoria, however if you look hard enough you can find some government record which shed new light on the history of these isles, here is but a snippet of one event.
In 1666 Jacob Smith Aka Firefox (a nickname given to him by his mother) was set upon by 4 ruffians, in the ensuing fight Jacob was rough housed into the nearby bakers, the ruffians who called themselves the Pudding lane boys, did not know of Jacob's power, how could they, none of them could read.
Jacob was a shape shifter who could produce fire from his hands, As he fell backwards in to the bakers He caught his head on the counter in that split second Jacob shot two bolts of flame from his hands but in his dazed state he did not realize where he was or that his arms were up.
The rest is History, it is not know what happened to the Pudding Lane Boys, But Jacob was found hung in his rented room, the guilt of what happened was, it is speculated, too much for him.

or this esoteric idea
Pool-Re/Personal/Public liability Insurance
In the early 90’s Pool Reinsurance was set up to cover acts of terrorism which were outside standard insurance,in early 2000 this was extended to cover damage by Supervillains (Heroes) as a test case was brought by a leading insurance company who stated the damage caused by XXXXX against the Epping forest scout hut which was inflicted during the infamous battle of Epping forest that saw a the whole scale destruction of property. The Insurance company successfully won, this lead to Pool-Re covering damage by Super’s.
All sanctioned Supers are automatically covered by the personal/public liability insurance where as all none sanctioned teams or individuals are encouraged to do so. This is not yet law however it is though before the end of the current parliament it may.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 20th January 2011, 20:45

Madame Mind, Miasmo and Firefox are mentioned in the rules. the event that killed Madame Mind/Miasmo is a big hook, whilst Firefox is a fun way to say the Great fire was caused by a Hero.

No new Heroes or villians are going to be added to the Adventures, some who were created in one Adventure will appear an another to for part of a campaign (Chamelaon and Miss America). other may appear in passing a News article, for example, it will be reported that sucessful businessman Jonathan Richardson (aka Black Driud) has just purchased Boleskine House on the shores of Loch Ness former home of Jimmy Page and Aleister Crowley, in the interview Jonathan jokes about digging up the cellers to see just what the Great Beast keep down there. in the celler as previous mentioned inthe source book is the summond Conclave of Druids which Crowley could not dispell.
Snippets of stuff like that and maybe of a theft at the National museum of what is rumured to Be Alfreds Boar spear given to him by a Saxon king but never used. this will not be Alfreds Boar spear but the Magical Staff of Integrity, Dr Peter Blake (Aka Beacon) of the museum has gone missing the police suspect foul play.

Trust me, Greedo will not shoot first.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 22nd January 2011, 09:53

Just typing up some more of my Notes and thought i would let you see this bit, from Book II regarding Time Travel

Time Travel
In 1940 Dr Moses Nebogipfel was working on a Time machine, he successfully completed it and in 1948 made a successful trip back in time to Wales (circa 1889), for the next four years Dr Moses worked relentlessly to perfect his creation. But in 1952, Whitehall discovered just what De Nebogipfel was doing in the basement of his house in Oxford, which is why on a wet day in May Alexander Hardinge the then private Secretary to King George IV, rang his door bell, holding in his hand a royal command. The Doctor was needed by the Crown.
The Physicist was taken by royal car to that palace where he had an audience with Queen Victoria (more details on this are in the adventure Queen Victoria & the Holy Grail). The Queen asked The Doctor to send four individuals back in time. He agreed and Prismo, Circuitor, Mirrormaid and Arachine the Spider Woman were sent back to 1898 only they arrived 3 days early and unwittingly set up a complex paradox which hurled them out of that era and blocked access by any form of time travel to the year 1898 the Doctor has yet to work out why. The Heroes were throw through time and have yet to return. The doctor was the only person to get back.
Dishearten by his failure the Doctor threw himself at his work and studied time itself he found that time has rules, these became the Moses Directive. One of these rules is that no human can travel back or forth in time more than 147 years without harm. Beyond 147 and the chances of permanent brain damage increases 10% every 10 years, 157 years = 10% Chance to 246 years 99% chance. Another thing that he discovered was the event in 1898 opened a space in time a small pocket dimension, Determined to study even more Doctor Nebogipfel relocated his lab to the pocket dimension he had christened “Vanishing Point”. He was able to rip a large chunk of earth that surrounded his Lab and throw it through time into the Paradox. And so was born the Time Laboratory at Vanishing Point. Where the Doctor begun to call himself the Anachronic Man. As the years go by in the real world the Anachronic Man does not age.
He considers himself the student of Time hoping one day to become the Master.

this ties in with QV&HG page 5. though that was Richard Taylor not the "Doc" from Back to the future

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 30th January 2011, 03:04

My Wife has a brought home some of the junk from under her desk at work,that she has built up over the years, in this is an A4 ring bound book she "Borrowed" to use at a meeting she had years ago. it pre-dates my Anthrax island stuff

Upon opening it i find that i has pages of material i wrote for a Supers campaign set in Wales a decade ago. all my oringinal ideas are there, i shall mine for ideas...

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 31st January 2011, 08:32

I have been thinking that maybe Crossfire/Reunion should be the second story arc. It makes more sense to me from a narrative point of view to have that sequence of events come before Queen Vic. Firstly at the start of the first story arc the team is assumed to be relatively unknown, the events in story arc 1 aren't really enough to hugely boost their public status, which makes the Royal summons seems a bit contrived - especially if their are plenty of other superheroes who have been knocking around for longer.

The Crossfire/Reunion storyline is a bit more high profile (at least at the start) and if not bringing them to the nation's attention does bring them to the notice of various government agencies (DICE and SOLO). It also ups the level at the which the heroes operate; first they saved a base, now they save a town and an alien dignitary

I feel that with at least that adventure sequence under their belts it is more logical for them to 'get the call'.
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 31st January 2011, 20:26

Mmm that is a good point.
It is difficult, there are 9 adventures so it would be good if the split was even between the two books, book two is Space related so the Alien stuff should go there, but the logic works for your suggestion and having both published adventures in the first book may tip the balance.

The segway between Loe and Crossfire is an issue, the team will be in Scotland and Crossfire takes place in Portsmoth. Would need to think of some way to get then to the South of England. I will give that some thought.

So the new Camapign could be.
Story Arc 1:
- Peking Duck
- Lancelot Caper
- Legacy of Eagles
As thd dust settles in the base the systems come back online, and a series of alerts talk about a ship in space getting close to Space Station Alpha, contact Project Black Knight, which leads to Charles Babbage and...

Story Arc 2:
- Crossfire
- Reunion (maybe a mini segway between the two to allow time for the shards to get back to the UK.?
End of book 1

Book 2
Story Arc 1: a much longer arc in two parts, Morganna then Eldrict linked by assosiation.
this could begin with the team investigateing the House in Scotland wher the Conclave are?
-QV&HG (team meet Miss America/Jackson Stone)
- Charles Babbage (who they meet in the segway in book 1 between story 1 and 2.
- The American Dream.
- Confusion etc

Story arc 2: this could get linked to the Slayground adventure and have mad clowns and stuff?? or be dropped to become a freebee?
- Strike Back
- leads to Paradox which messes with time and other worlds, PC go to the Kestral Nest.

End

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 2nd February 2011, 07:50

Any one played in the Pilcomayo Project?

I have a new Prolog which has a nod to Boliva and the Pilcomayo Project, as i re read it and found Technon (from Lancelot Caper) in it.

So it begins for Overlord in Boliva in 85' he leaves the secret base days or weeks before The NDL, Kammer and the "Golden Heroes" arrive.

i will be typing up the prolog, which covers the first story arc shortly.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 3rd February 2011, 10:23

Early first draft of the Prologue for The first story Arc, "Rise of the Overlord".
it needs some tweaking but thought i would share for for your thoughts.

Prologue
In the early years of the Nuclear age, following a dramatic rise in the number of superpowered individuals (both heroes and villains), the Government formed an association of the most trustworthy superpowered law enforcers they could find. These selected heroes were supplied with all the funds and equipment that they needed in their fight against crime.
The Extranormal Association of Government Law Enforcers, or EAGLES as they came to be known, were active in the late 1950s and early 1960s. So successful were they in their fight against evil that by 1963 superpowered crime had almost ceased to exist. Those Supercriminals who were not reported dead were either behind bars or forced into exile in distant lands. The EAGLES were recognised as heroes throughout the civilised world and were soon elevated to the ranks of the most decorated individuals in history. The names of these stalwart saviors of mankind were soon synonymous with all that stood for good in the human race.
Then, one day in 1964, the legend of the EAGLES came to an abrupt end. The regular radio reports from their super-secret base ceased and, as the world tensely waited, the Government finally announced that the EAGLES were missing, presumed dead. Public grief and calls for the Government to form a new association were stifled when there was no sudden rise in the crime rate. As one Government spokesperson remarked at the time, 'It's almost as if, having reduced the level of criminal activity to a point where it could be kept in check by conventional police techniques, the EAGLES chose to retire from the eye of a public which no longer needed their protection.' Certainly, by the late 1960s, the EAGLES and their good work were forgotten by all except the few people who had known them personally.
The following information is covered by D-Notice 2345x/DN-Notice 666.
The truth of their 'retirement', however, is a greater mystery and cause for concern than official sources will admit.

1963, a UFO is tracked entering Russia airspace over XXX, it flys due west and is picked up by UK radar over West Germany, the station officer in Berlin, reports that is looks like a ball of fire falling from heaven. Radar lost the object over XXXXXX, where it crashed to the fringes of a large area of forest, known as Crannock Chase. The XXXX at GCHQ made the call and the EAGLES were called out to investigate the strange meteor which had crashed to Earth. First reports described it as translucent with a strange, discernible glow from within. The EAGLES' scientists, who were amongst the finest in the world, obviously thought that the meteor warranted further investigation for they transported it to their undersea base, the super-secret EAGLES NEST. From that moment, nothing more was heard of the EAGLES, except...
Some five hours after the EAGLES had taken the meteor to their base; their prime scientist and assistant leader Protector appeared in the centre of London and started to go berserk. He didn't land in a plane, drive up in a car or even fly there under his own power. Witnesses reported that there was a shimmering in the air and Protector just stepped out, screaming. He began to demolish the surrounding buildings, apparently in a vain attempt to escape whatever he thought was pursuing him. Eventually, after he had walked through three divisions of anti-terrorist troops and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, a gas attack from a squadron of specially designed helicopters finally knocked him out with the aid of a unit of Stikeforce. Protector was taken to Nu-Bedlam and was put in a state of suspended animation. To remain until deemed safe. However, trapped in Suspended Animation, Protector still thinks it is 1963
Whatever had driven the ex-hero insane and caused his rampage must have been of immense power. Presumably, the same thing was responsible for the silence of the Eagles Nest transmitters. The governments of the world were informed and every soldier, agent or operative who stood the slightest chance against a supernormal menace was put on full alert. If the alien menace could take out the EAGLES, nowhere on Earth was safe.
The alert lasted for over a year. Eventually, when no danger materialised, it was stepped down. The Eagles Nest was quarantined; its position was erased from security tapes and the minds of lesser government officials and those immune to mind probes were sworn to secrecy. Whatever was down there, it was best left well alone. Against the threat of its eventual release, the Government started to organise new Supernormal Strikeforces but in a more clan¬destine manner than before. The era of the People's Hero was over.
1971 the baker Street robbery, the D-Notice that was served on this. Was not because of a royal sex scandal, but the theft of a dossier, containing the names and identities of all the Eagles. It was MI5’s only copy, it is unclear why it was in a safety deposit box, in Baker Street.
1985 Pilcomayo, Bolivia
Klaus Kammler, the genetic son of General Dr Ing. Hans (Heinz) Friedrich Karl Franz Kammler, grown from genetic material in an artificial womb in the secret Nazi base, by Mengele. Klaus was named the Uberlord or Overlord, by his mentor Wolfgang Mueller.
In late 85 the 18 year old Overlord was sent by Mueller on a very secret mission. He was to go to the secret base in New Swabialand in Antartica, to the Nazi Base (Point 211) there to see if anyone survived. The young Klaus took the Retrofitted U-boat (U-XXX) he had name Scuttlebut. And left Bolivia.
As the Scuttlebut dove into the ocean, Two teams of superhero’s hit the Boliva base. Klaus lost contact halfway across the Pacific (atlantic?), the last thing Mueller said to Klaus before the contact was lost, was find point 211, at all costs find it, do not return until you do.
Point 211 went silent in 63, there was no final transmission.
The Antartic wastes.
Kemmlar arrived in the secret base in good time, he found a tunnel deep below the ice leading to a the base’s U-Boat pens, all but three was empty, U-xxx, U-xxx & U-xxx. Part of the third Reichs lost U-boat fleet. The pens lead to a large cave ending in a great bulkhead door, which was sealed. The floor and walls of the showed signs of a massive battle.
The large bulked doors were fused shut. And burnt into the steel was a legend, a warning from the victors.
“This base, and those who dwell within are prisoners, Forever. Let no man attempt to release those within, Only I John Bull of Her Magesties Eagles can release them. John Bull 1963”
Try as he might the could not open the doors. So he turned the sub around and headed north, to England and to John Bull.
Cut off from Bolivia, Klaus used his intellect to build a criminal empire, allow him to locate John Bull, who by 85 was becoming a forgotten myth.
1990 Overlord orcistrated the theft of 300 Bearer bonds. Which helped fund Kammlers criminal empire.

2011: A Legacy for the Taking
Today, years after the demise of the EAGLES, they are all but forgotten. A new generation of Supervillains has arisen, but so have new heroes to fight them. At the moment the situation appears to be more or less stable with the Superheroes having the upper hand. That balance may soon be disturbed however, Overlord after years of searching has finally discovered the location of the old Eagles Base, and hopefully whatever John Bull used to seal Base 211 in the Antarctic.

• He has finally discovered the location of a Hero who knows the location of the base, and kidnapped him.
• he has highered the Super Villain Masquerade, to steal a Tachyon Bomb.
• Overlord has contracted two Super Villains to, if required, liberate The last Eagle, Protector from Nu-Bedlam asylum.
• And to blame it all on a bunch of wannabe Heroes. Enter The Chameleon.

The Chameleons Mission.
Issue 0: (Optional)
Disguised as MI5 Officer Commander Philippe Longchamps, Chameleon will contact each PC individually telling them he is “Putting a Team together” for a secret war against crime. Which will be funded by a special slush fund, using a combination of long running Snouts and some undercover officers. It pays well and he will offer some high tech kit. Including a “Vehicle”.

The team is gathered together in a warehouse in south London. To be given the details of the bank accounts and secret codes and mobiles etc and the Vehicle. The team name will be Codename: XXX

(If the Outside line is used then Chameleon will assume the identity of Madala I, and direct the Heroes from his wheelchair).

MASQUERADE'S PLAN
Project Lancelot is a joint operation between the StarTech Corporation and DICE, The giant electronics multinational is developing a radically new form of combat armour, the microcircuity of which actually interfaces with the nervous system of the wearer. StarTech originally offered the new armour to the US Government, but they declined to purchase it thanks to the influence of a powerful religious lobby close to the President, who felt that the Techniques used were 'an attempt to improve upon Gods's Creation', and therefore blasphemous.

Unwilling to let such a potentially profitable project drop, StarTech offered the armour to DICE, who have agreed to assist in the field testing of the armour in return for the price being dropped to a level they could afford. This arrangement came as a great relief to Technon, who got out of having to be wired up to the armour himself. StarTech's technicians are a little nervous of the effects that the armour may have on the wearer as several monkeys were killed by it in preliminary testing but they are fairly confident that they have ironed out the faults and can only be sure by testing the armour on a human wearer in battle conditions.

Masquerade has used her influence in government circles to learn of the existence of Project Lancelot. She had originally intended to simply steal the plans and sell them, but recently she has discovered that a Prototype Tachyon Bomb is about to be shipped from a government-owned factory to a naval base destine for the Space Base on the isle of white. Fortuitous circumstances have enabled her to come up with a plan to steal the armour, use it to steal the warheads, and blame the whole thing on a group of innocent superheroes. The bomb is to be sold to Klaus Kammler the Overlord.

Overlord has s.put together a strike-force cap¬able of assaulting the Eagles Nest and set out to garner its secrets. He and his cronies have travelled to the base in a U-Boat (christened Scuttlebut) submarine of Overlord's own design and have broken into the Central Control Dome. Unfortunately for his plans, however, the passages to the other domes and, especially, the Research Dome have been sealed off by electromagnetic bulkheads which have defeated his best efforts to open them. He could blast them down, of course, but that could damage the base and run the risk of flooding the Research Dome.
Having established his beach-head, Overlord has resorted to one of his alternative plans of action. He has dispatched a small squad to liberate Protector from the Government installation where he is currently being held and bring him to the Eagles Nest. The potential gains from the looting of the base far outweigh any possible threat from an obsolete Superthug. Once he has opened the bulkheads, the secrets of the Eagles Nest will belong to the Overlord.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 3rd February 2011, 21:33

I would say Protector's rampage would cost millions not thousands of pounds of damage.

Nu Bedlam. 'New Bedlam' scans better (IMHO).

Why not make secrecy notices that are to do with supernormal activity a Z-notice?

Overlord
What's the reason for genetically engineering a human being? They must have had a purpose (unless he was simply an experiment that was saved from destruction and not intended to live). Don't like the use of real Nazis, seems a little too distasteful to me (IMHO). From a background POV is also restricts what you can do with them. Why not make up these characters and then you have utter freedom as to what they were like, motivations and whether they are still around or not.

Why did they call him Overlord? Was he being groomed for something? Did they have some grand purpose in mind? Was he raised by aging Nazi Scientists in a secret Bolivian jungle base and trained from birth to be a true Ubermench - he could almost be a sort of Nazi Doc Savage.

What were these antartic Nazis doing for nearly 20 years before contact was lost?? If Bolivia was Project Overlord was this the site of another long term secret project? And why did it take over 20 years for the anyone to be bothered to investigate what had happened when radio contact was lost?? If it was that important surely they would have looked into it sooner? Or could there have been rivalry/hostility between the two groups. Maybe they didn't actually know were it was. Maybe their last message gave no hope of survival, but then twenty years later a faint signal is picked up from the base...

If the base was sealed so thoroughly by JB to become a tomb that should never be opened, why not blow the tunnels and destroy the sub pens and erase the site completely?
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th February 2011, 00:47

some very good points i will update the prologue,

As for real Nazi's in Boliva, this is from Pilcomayo. Borman and Mengele are referenced, Mueller sold then out to The Nazi hunters.

As for D-Notices this is from an early part of the book

Keeping things secret DA-Notice’s
“The DA Notice system is a voluntary code that provides guidance to the British media on the publication or broadcasting of national security information. The objective is to prevent inadvertent public disclosure of information that would compromise UK military and intelligence operations and methods, or put at risk the safety of those involved in such operations, or lead to attacks that would damage the critical national infrastructure and/or endanger lives. The system is overseen by the Defence Press and Broadcasting Advisory Committee, a joint government/media body that approves the standing DA notices and monitors their implementation.” Taken from the DA-Notice website
DA-Notices are a way of suppressing information under the guise of a threat to national security, in one form or another has been in place since 1912, the current system is made up of 6 Notice types
• DA-Notice 01: Military Operations, Plans & Capabilities
• DA-Notice 02: Nuclear & Non-Nuclear Weapons & Equipment
• DA-Notice 03: Ciphers & Secure Communications
• DA-Notice 04: Sensitive Installations and Home Addresses
• DA-Notice 05: United Kingdom & Intelligence Services & Special Services
• DA-Notice 06: Paranormal
DA-Notice 5 covers all state sanctioned Supers under the guise of “Special Service” however the Government feels that there is always a need to suppress some superhuman activity’s therefore DA-Notice 06 was created in 65 in the fallout of the missing Eagles this allowed the suppression of the public finding out about the rise in super villains. It is not clear how many time this has been used as DA-Notices are not covered by the Freedom of information act.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th February 2011, 01:06

What's the reason for genetically engineering a human being?
so a future GM could bring back a Clone of the Overlord...

This from Pilcomayo

THE PLOT
The truth of the matter is somewhat more complicated than the Bolivians suspect. True, there are right-wing activists employed on the project who are sabotaging it in the hope of bringing down President Calvero. True, the Apacheta Indians are unhappy about the project and would like it stopped. However, both of these factions are being manipulated by a much more powerful and sinister force: TheReichsmaster.

Wolfgang Mueller was only 14 when WWII started. Even at that time, however, he was recognised as a genius. He was accepted into Berlin University in 1941, completed a degree in Mathematics and Electronics in two years and by the end of the war was one of Germany's leading weapons

leaders, fled to South America to escape the allied forces. Unable to acquire complicated scientific equipment because of the risk of discovery, Mueller threw himself into theoretical work, principally on cybernetics and robotics. As time passed he also began to brood about the failure of the Third Reich. He felt deeply guilty about having escaped while his beloved Fuhrer stayed behind to die, but came to rationalise his decision by blaming his fellow exiles, who he imagined had betrayed Hitler, Slowly but surely, Mueller began to revenge himself on the 'betrayers', Borman, Mengele and others, by stealthy murder or by revealing their whereabouts to the Israelis, acquiring their wealth for himself into the bargain.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th February 2011, 03:09

and is was the 60's so thousands probably was correct.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 4th February 2011, 07:25

kevinrolfe wrote:and is was the 60's so thousands probably was correct.
Good point.
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Teufel 4th February 2011, 08:47

Something else that occurs to me (you may have this covered already).

Re: LoE
If Protector was say 30 in 1965 that would make him 50 in 1985. In 2011 however he would be well into his 70's...
Great Teufel
Great Teufel
SEASONED

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th February 2011, 08:53

Protector was taken to Nu-Bedlam and was put in a state of suspended animation. To remain until deemed safe. However, trapped in Suspended Animation, Protector still thinks it is 1963

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th February 2011, 17:58

Yea both Protector and Micron would be very old. Micron is using his ability to manipulate his body to make himself look young, for Jenny Peters. where as the SUs/An idea keeps Protectors ageing process slowed right down.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 4th February 2011, 21:48

i should have a new Prologue over the weekend. in the mean time i thought i would release part of what was stolen from Baker Street in 71', it is a few pages ripped from a hand written book by Multi-Max,

My name is Thomas, but people call me Multi-Max, I would guess that if you are reading this you have broken into my safety deposit box in Baker street. Or, its 2020, when the money for the box has run out. Either way I am long gone, the doctors say the cancer is inoperable. I can imagine you flipping through my life, the adventures of the Multi-Max just to get to the important bit, the fate of John Bull and the Eagles.
The Government lied to us, they knew where they had gone, and what they were doing. And it had nothing to do with that Thing In the meteor, whatever it was.
I was not on duty that night, it was my mother birthday. But I traveled to the Eagle nest in the morning after Protectors appearance. I was very scared; Jeff was a sound bloke, not prone to fear.
Two days earlier John had called the active members in and announced he had this special Mission planned. That Davies from “6” had asked the Eagles to do something very secret. Never did say what, the only thing John did say was that it went back to Suez and something they found in the Sinai, in the mountains, he never said what, I check later and found no record of John being in Suez, I even broken in to Eden’s house and questioned him, but by that time he was an old man in his late 70’s. I approached Davies and asked him. He just lied saying that, that was not his recollection; he said that John bull was not in a Secret Mission from MI6.

John said he was taking the away team and leaving Howizer, Anne (Triplex-1) and Protector to run things. He was going to take the Eagle Wing. He needed to maintain radio silence for security reasons.
When I got to the base and found something was trapped in the research dome, raging with anger.
The computer was saying Triplex and Howitzer were dead and Protector in London, I was about to escape when I discovered that the Eagles computers had been purged and the backup tape was already missing, someone had been there before me. Searched to see if I could work out who had done this, that’s when I found it, a rolled up telex on the floor. It was the last message from the Eagle Wing.
++++++Message++++++
Eagle Wing to Eagle nest, Eagle Wing to Eagle Nest. Confirm.
++++++Message++++++
Eagle Nest, Both Magnetic and Gyro compasses beginning to gyrate and wobble, we are unable to hold our heading by instrumentation. Take bearing with Sun compass, yet all seems well. The controls are seemingly slow to respond and have sluggish quality, but there is no indication of Icing.
Countryside below is more level and normal (if I may use that word). Ahead we spot what seems to be a city!!!! This is impossible! Aircraft seems light and oddly buoyant. The controls refuse to respond!! My GOD!!! Off our port and star board wings are a strange type of aircraft. They are closing rapidly alongside! They are disc-shaped and have a radiant quality to them. They are close enough now to see the markings on them. It is a type of Swastika!!! This is fantastic. Where are we! What has happening. the controls, They will not respond!!!! We are caught in an invisible vice grip of some type!
No further transmission.
I just left and slipped away in the night. The next 5 years I spent searching for the Eagles, I found no trace. Then the doctors diagnosed the one thing I could not defeat, Cancer. I gave up searching and settled down, people still think I died with the Eagles. Let them think that, till after I am gone.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th February 2011, 23:19

That's pretty good, actually. I would use such text sparingly but it certainly adds flavour and atmosphere to the game, giving the background an almost Watchmen vibe. A bit reminiscent of "At The Mountains Of Madness" as well, which is no bad thing. Will need a bit of spell checking and grammar adjustment, but you know that already. I'm happy to proofread the document, as i've said before. Still, good stuff, I think.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name: Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th February 2011, 23:20

Great Teufel wrote:
kevinrolfe wrote:and is was the 60's so thousands probably was correct.
Good point.

I would argue in favour of hundreds of thousands to split the difference.
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe 5th February 2011, 01:15

it currently sits a Hundreds of thousands, i will look at the cost or repairs for IRA bombing campaigns in the 60's to see if i can get a better price.

As for Spell checking and grammer I know. i find that if i just write and don't worry about spelling/grammer til last i get more ideas down, if i do the Spelling and grammer whilst i am writing is slows down and i get less writting and the ideas are less forthcoming. comes for having Dyslexia. so yes proof reading and grammer would be great.

Back to the Eagles. i want to have an appendix covering th Eagles including Stats and write ups for them. i have some ideas for each but would like to have an "Eagle Creation" session. if your up for it.

the last bit is from Admiral Byrd's diary, which i will need to redo/altered. but thats the idea/theme i am aiming for.

kevinrolfe
GAME MASTER

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th February 2011, 03:23

Totally up for an Eagles creation session....
Renny
Renny
GAME MASTER

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next